– first, you should draw the squares like being a net
– you shade from black to white
– you establish where comes the light from, the gloss of the texture and its color.
– you insist with the black shading at the base of the squares and one of the sides: in my drawings it’s the right side.
– you could use this texture on quilted materials, leather, accessories, scales
– from lightness to darkness we have the following, in this order: Light / Gray 1 (light gray) / Gray 2 (dark gray)/ Black / Reflex