– you start from a point and drag a straight or a curved line, from the most darker color to the lightest (remember degrade technique of shading)
– you draw multiple lines like this, from left to right, in one straight line.
– then, underneath, another line of multiple yarns
– the yarns above have a strong contrast and those beneath are lighter, to give the impression of volume.
– you could make combinations of all these basic principles
– if you know how to correctly shade these ones, you could invent others
– a good exercise for homework is to study as much texture as you can from fashion magazines
– try to realize and be conscious of how to shade and to create the volume and the impression of tridimensionality
– you could make studies on wooden, metal, plastic, paper textures